Thanks for an Awesome Year 2016

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has been with me on my artistic journey this past year.  It has been such a pleasure talking with you, reading your posts and all of your words of encouragement.

2016 was a year of huge growth and development for me.

When I look back at my art from the beginning of the year, I can really see what a difference working all year has made in my journey.   It has been such a pleasure creating commissioned portraits for various individuals and pushing myself beyond my normal artistic ventures.   I broadened my horizons by creating YouTube videos to show how my creations come to life.  I expanded my business into 3 online stores, started to sell more of my original work and really increased my audience via social media.  I tripled my sales in my Sommer Rayn 2017 calendars and completely sold out of my Shadow Kitties calendars.   It has just been an amazing year.  I've received so many positive emails, reviews and more - my heart is overflowing with joy.

For 2017, my goals are going to be a little different.   I am going to create more detailed, quality pieces.   Instead of pushing through a bunch of fun and whimsical portraits, I am going to place my focus on details and realism.   All of my work will still have the joy and whimsical aspect, however - all of my pieces will be more elaborate and with that comes more time spent on each piece.   I want to expand my art even more with my focus being on different animals, more cats, landscapes and sea side scenes.  I do wish to keep the Shadow Kitties always coming into my watercolor art as they are such a part of me.  When they pop into my head, they will always be created - I adore them.



I look forward to sharing more art with you all.  I'm hoping to keep my blog updated with at least a message, once a week.  It's always fun to read your comments and suggestions. so post away dear friends! I thoroughly enjoy hearing from you.

May the upcoming year be filled with many new milestones for all of us.  If we never push ourselves beyond what we think we can do, we will never grow.  So here is to some new beginnings (no matter how frightening they may seem) and let's all explore some uncharted territories.  

I wish you Peace, Joy and a year filled with Love.   Thank you for being a part of my world.

With Love and Warmest Regards,

Sommer

Comments

Popular Posts