1000 SALES.....

I am beside myself today.  I was looking at both of my Etsy stores:  www.shadowkitties.com and www.sommerraynjones.com and decided to total up all of my sales.   To my surprise, these two stores combined I have 997 sales!!!!!!!!   Seriously?  997 SALES?   I am in awe.   The little girl inside of me is jumping up and down with pure happiness.   I had never dreamed that at this point in my life, my art would be taking off by leaps and bounds.    The total is probably more than 1,500 sales if I added in all the custom portraits that I have created, the sales in my art shows, sales at the Arts Council and the sales from my website that isn't tied to Etsy.  I guess I have never just sat down and calculated all of my sales.  I started selling my art in August of 2013 and the results have been overwhelming!  I am so so happy I could just burst!  

What is interesting, I have never really thought of myself as an artist. I know I love creating art.  I have since I was a child.  But to say:  "I am Sommer and I'm an artist".   I really have a hard time with it.  However, if the amount of your sales have any indication as to how good you are, I'd have to realistically say - I've made it!   I just love what I do and I keep creating what makes me happy.   In turn, I end up making others happy and it's a win win.  

Today is a celebration of realization, that I really am valued as an artist and my art attracts many people to it and I am blessed beyond words.  Thank you to everyone for your love, kind words, posts on Facebook and support.  You've helped me blossom as an artist too!   THANK YOU!



Comments

Popular Posts