January is.....

a time for reflection and soul searching.   I try to come up with new resolutions, but usually do not wish to set them as it seems I jinx any new intentions once I "label it" a resolution.  Within a few days, it's broken.  So, for me, I like to call them goals.   Goals I would like to work towards for the new year. 

Each year, my art business amazes me.  This year, I have had the good fortune of: my sales increasing, my requests for personal portraits (commissions) now has a waiting list and I am thrilled with the direction my art has taken.  So many exciting things happened in 2017.  I published my first book "Shadow Kitties ABC's" and it was a big hit.   I was thrilled, not only for the sales but the idea that CHILDREN all over the world are viewing my art and giggling with delight at the silly antics of the Shadow Kitties.   I have heard so many wonderful stories of my book being read to children and what the children say they love about certain pages.  My heart is so full of joy it could explode.  My Christmas cards sales were just over the top fantastic.  I had people placing orders for 100's of a certain card and I just smiled with delight knowing 100 people would be gifted my art for the holidays.  It is the best feeling ever.  I created so many personal portraits for people and hearing how my art touched their souls, honestly, is such an exquisite moment.  Knowing I am able to touch someone heart with my art is almost impossible to describe my emotions in words... just WOW.    I am so blessed and couldn't ask for anything more. 

So, this year - I just wish for the incredible joy, love and happiness to continue to flow.  Each time I pick up a pencil or paint brush, I just feel as if I'm transported into a magical world.  Every character I create is just bubbling with joy, they wish to shine and help lift the spirits of others.  To me, it's all about LOVE, plain and simple.   I was given this gift and it's my greatest joy is to share it with others.   Now that 2018 is here, I want to thank everyone who follows me on social media, who supports me at home, my family and friends, and of course my precious cats.  I couldn't be where I am today with YOU!   I love you all and I honestly can't wait to see what this year brings.  I'm ready..... let the colors, joy and love SHINE.  Are you with me?  I hope you are able to do what you love and shine to the best of your ability too.  Sending big hugs and lots of love to you all! 

Happy 2018!!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts