So much Love and Kindness....

So much love and kindness has been showered upon me, I am filled to the brim with joy.  I was so hesitant to put my books out there and I was scared to shine and be me.    Now that my 3rd book has been released, for the world to see, I am in AWE!

Words can not begin to express the wonderful, happy emotions I feel when someone share a photo of their family member or friend reading my book.  When they tell me sweet stories about my book, I feel as if my heart could explode from the joy.   Years and years ago when I was asked what my dream would be in regards to my art and it was to have written children's books and then having the children fall in love with my characters.  Now, I know it is possible.

This is a sweet character from my upcoming book 'Sprinkles the Happy Cupcake'. 




Everyone has been so supportive towards me and my dreams, the days just keep getting better and brighter.  It's as if when I made the decision to move forward and not focus on sales, just on happiness - the world has opened it's arms up to me.  My heart and soul are in such alignment.  My books sales are taking off, so many children are reading them and giggling.  My illustrations capture their imagination and I am giddy.  Now, just sitting in the mall, story ideas flow inside my head and I have to keep taking notes as I don't want to lose a precious one that is gifted to me. 

My family has been so supportive and when I bounce ideas off them, they come up with more and help me refine what I am creating.  I love showing them my art and if they find something that doesn't quite seem right, I now can brush aside the feeling like I'm being picked on, and embrace it  because I'm being gently guided to make my books better.   It's just the best feeling ever. 

Every moment I have free time, I sneak into my art room to escape into my books and characters.  Recently, I read an article about my favorite childhood author Richard Scary had created over 300 books.  Wow, that is an incredible accomplishment.   I know that I will be creating for a very long time and I hope people fall in love with my characters as I did his. I may not reach 300, but I will have so many fun, uplifting stories, I am hoping they will be part of a child's life for generations to come. 

To me childhood should be imaginative, joyous, fun and filled with happiness.  Life becomes difficult soon enough, I want the little ones to escape and have smiles, gratitude for the simple things in life, giggles and fun.  My books will always be targeted for the preschool to mid elementary age kids.   It's just who I am.  When I  was a teen,  I always wanted to play with the younger children or handicapped kids in the neighborhood.  They were fun, they could have great adventures and stop to go home, but the next day - everything continued as if there where no breaks in the story line.  We were free to explore and enjoy being kids.  To me, that is what life is about.... happiness, joy and fun.

My only wish is that you have happiness and fun on this journey with me.

Comments

Popular Posts