The joy of seeing my books in print.....


When I gaze upon this photo, I can't help but smile.   This has been such an incredible journey and I can't believe my dreams are coming true.  All of my life, I have had stories that I would love to see in children's books.   I was afraid to let me stories my stories out and shine.  I had such a limited belief in myself.  I didn't think I would sell a single copy.   So, my course of action was to stuff the stories in notebooks and file cabinets around the house with the thought "Someday".....

Now?  I am happily watching all of the books come to life.  Each day I wake up with excitement.  I can't wait to see what character will come to life.  I have multiple books in the works at one time, so my options are filled with many fun themes and characters.   I am over the moon with happiness.

I have received so many beautiful pictures of children smiling while reading my books.  The videos I receive are even more precious.  My heart can't contain the love and joy I feel while viewing them.  So much love!   I can't thank my friends/fans enough for your love, support and sharing.  It means the world to me. 

My grandmother is my biggest fan.  She always gives me such sweet comments and feedback on each story I send her.  Her friends that come over to visit always ask her if I have created another book. At her house, I'm a celebrity!  She is my best publicist.   I smile, thinking of a bunch of seniors having coffee and musing over my stories.  What a beautiful, loving thought.   She is such a wonderful support to me and I will always be grateful.  Love you Grandma! 

So many characters are eagerly waiting to be put into book format.  I have Timmy the City Cat, Walter the Walnut tree, Shadow Kitties Beach Adventures, Bobby the Balloon, The Tiny Shell, Mrs. Kitty Gingerbread and more.   It will be such an adventure seeing where this journey takes me.  I can't wait to see them all come to life!

I will continue to create other portraits for my art store.  Sometimes a quirky, whimsical one pops in my head and won't leave unless I put it on paper.  The flight attendant Ostrich was one of those adorable characters.   My online cards and prints are still wonderful sellers and they bring joy to those who wish to own one.  Here is the link for those that are interested:  www.sommerraynjones.com

Thank you again, to all of you that support me.  Your words of encouragement always reinforce the beauty of following my dreams and living in joy. 


Comments

Popular Posts