Another Quirky Character is Born

Many people ask me "How do you come up with all of these characters?"   So today, I thought I'd share how this one came into my thoughts.

The family was eating pizza and talking about my upcoming book, Quirky Island.   We then changed subject and was talking about the Playstation games that were recently purchased and being played.   One game in particular had a bunch of large, fierce animals that you have to defeat so you can obtain some pretty amazing battle gear.   (I have never played these games as I just occasionally watch, but they are a little to violent for me.  I'd rather be creating art.)   Anyway, the animals that were being battled were a wild boar, a wolf, a buck and more.   When the buck/deer was mentioned, I just started giggling.   My family turned to me and said "What?"    I couldn't help it, I immediately had pictured, in my mind,  a deer in my Quirkyopolis city.  He was the dry cleaner/laundromat owner.   He was always cold.  So since he has horns with lots of points, he decided to utilize all of the "lost socks" in the laundry lost and found and wear them on his horns.  My family started laughing and elaborating on my idea.  Soon, another sweet character was born.

The next day, after sleeping on the idea, I came into my art studio and started sketching.   I was smiling the entire time.   Here is the sketch and I hope this brings a smile to your face too.   Meet Caleb, the proud owner of Laundry City in Quirkyopolis. 

Comments

Popular Posts