Shadow Kitties.....Why I create them....

Sometimes, you do something that just feels right.  That makes you incredibly happy while doing it, the outcome is irrelevant.  You are just loving every minute you devote to the endeavor and do not think twice about it.   Well, that is what the Shadow Kitties mean to me.

Shadow Kitties are my favorite style of art that I create.   I can just let the creativity flow.  There are no expectations, no people pleasing, no critics or flaws.  It just IS... it flows... and it's beautiful.  If I never sold a single piece of my Shadow Kitty art, I would still love it as much as I do today.   Why?  It is like each piece is a piece of me.  A bubble or burst of happiness that just flows from within.  I become so joyful while freely expressing myself in all aspects of my Shadow Kitties art.   The subject, the joy,  the colors and LOVE that exudes from this style of art just feels so right to me.  

As a child, I was horribly picked on.  During recess I would hide in the bushes and watch the other children play.  I would pretend it was a television program of sorts.  I could watch what was going on, but yet not be an active participant.  I was alone, yet enjoying what the other kids did without fear of being hurt or belittled.   As time passed, I still preferred to be with my kitties, out in nature and skip the drama of trying to find friends.   My kitties would listen to everything, follow me around and even bring me treats when I work up each morning.  (Although the treats were rather odd, such as a dead mouse or something like a pretty (yet well worn) ribbon.)    They always tried to make me smile.   So naturally, with all of this being said :The Shadow Kitty Art is 100% me.   I love the cats, I love the bright and cheerful colors and of course the element of living in the shadows - watching the world around you without having to be present in it.  It is the perfect mixture of joy and having a form  of solitude.  You can be part of the moment without fear of others or your own personal inhibitions.  This is why I love it so much.  It's ME.  

When you gaze upon my Shadow Kitties Art, now you might have more understanding into the reasons behind it's creation.  You can relate to the element of joy and shadows.  I thought it would be fun to share and give you more insight into who I am as an artist.


Comments

  1. Awesome Sommer! I love you artwork....you bring joy and inspiration to my life...thx! Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment. Bringing joy to others is the best feeling in the world! Have a lovely day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts