The joy of learning....

Often, I feel the need to learn and grow when it comes to my art. The past month I’ve been watching tutorials and trying different styles and techniques. At first, I almost felt a little off by learning from a tutorial. Everyone was loving the new pieces of art I created, but I felt almost like I wasn’t “being me” when it came to creating these pieces.

What I needed to learn and understand, everything I create is still MY art. It is my take and style of a piece of art that I am learning how to create. Yes, someone is teaching me, but isn’t that how we learn and grow? I needed to accept the fact by learning, I’m increasing my knowledge base for even greater outcomes on my own original pieces.

Now, I am LOVING the process and seeing things that I never knew before. I’ve learned so many different brush types, styles, and what they are used for. I’ve learned new techniques on how to apply paint to the canvas that I would have never thought possible. I’m in awe at all of the lovely, gifted souls that wish to share their knowledge freely to help others grow and better themselves. Someday, perhaps I will be making some of these teaching videos too.

Here is one that I created last night. I changed up the colors, the buildings, and the people It was so joyful and fun to create, and when gazing upon the finished piece, it’s like I am seeing it through my eyes. The colors create such a happy vibe, which is what I saw, yet others painting this exact same piece might have perceived the rainy day as dark and gloomy. This is the joy of being an artist. You can share your perceptions with the world.

I hope that you have the opportunity to perhaps learn something new that might change your perspective on something. To me, oftentimes, it’s far more comfortable to stay in a place that I know and I feel I can create the subject very well. After becoming more open and excited about the idea of learning new things, I realized this is a gift and I’m so grateful to have the ability to grow.

Comments

Popular Posts