Here are some of the characters from my Home page of my website.

 www.SommerRayn.com


While creating my website, it was so fun to see all of my art and decide which pieces I wanted to highlight on my Home page.  I have so many happy memories from each piece that I have created.  It's like a snapshot of time.  I can remember where I was sitting when I created it and it's like a piece of me is embedded in each art piece.   The MurPurr (pictured at the top of this page) was created from a huge desire to have a cat mermaid.  I remember thinking about how I was going to create it, which color cat it should be, etc.  I even contemplated writing a children's book about the Merpurrs.  It was a happy time for me.  


This sweet piece was created after a trip to the Smithsonian museum in Washington D.C.   I marveled at all the different types of art and what fun it would be to create a satirical type of art from a famous masterpiece.  This one made me smile.  


My shadow kitties have always been such a big part of my life.  I love the rain and always felt so much excitement when carrying an umbrella in the rain.  The droplets falling on the umbrella make such a sweet, fun sound.  I had to create my precious Shadow Kitties playing in the rain and sharing their playfulness with you. 




I love the show "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  It's one of those classic movies you can watch over and over again.  I created a cat, that is trying to be just as elegant.  She is a calico and I just love her sunglasses and sweet "fish treat".   I'd say she needs to window shop on 5th Avenue in New York City.  

Comments

Popular Posts