Key elements that inspire me......

I have a huge connection to cats, as you can tell from the majority of my work.  However, I do have a couple of other loves that sneak into my art from time to time.  

First, I love Paris and I am fascinated with the Eiffel Tower.   I hope to one day travel there and see it for myself.  If I did, I know I'd be taking TONS of pictures to inspire me more.  I have created many pieces with the Paris theme, such as an outdoor cafe, many Eiffel Tower watercolors, romantic cats with the Eiffel tower in the background and more.



Second, the beach and ocean. .  It has such a calmness that it sends to all who walk on the sandy beaches.   The birds, the shells, the surf and the sand all create so many inspirational moments in my mind.   I've written a story about a tiny shell, collected sea glass, many shells and even entered my beach photography in contests.   The lighthouses always draw me to them.  I created a silhouette lighthouse watercolor that is one of my favorites.



Third, birds.   Especially Ravens.  I love them so much and what's interesting, I do not like to touch them.  I've owned finches and I'm terrified if they get lose. I just enjoy admiring them from afar.  I have a bird feeder here at home that I keep well stocked, complete with a bird bath.   They make me smile and visit me often. I always love listening to the birds sing, just like a cats purr - it soothes my soul.   Many times, when I'm worried or stressed about a big issue, a bird will come to me to assure me everything will be just fine.   They tap on my window to get my attention and I KNOW that everything will be just as it should be.   I find it funny I love cats and birds as they seem to be arch enemies.... ha ha.



Last, I Love, Love, Love the rain.  Every time it rains, I get inspired to create another rain piece.  So much of my work has rain as a key element.   It just seems to bring calm, peace and joy to me and I will always treasure my rain moments.  The sound of the rain is so calming, the smell after a rain is so fresh and new.  So many benefit from a good rain, the plants, the water supply, the environment and more.  Many times the rain can just make my day better and oh so peaceful.



I hope that all of these magical places, moments and creatures continue to inspire me on this journey of creativity.  The world is filled with inspiration, you just need to figure out what resonates within you and share.   Your love for your passion will always shine and in turn, make others feel that joy too.   It's all about love.   Love what you do and others will pick up on that joy and it's a project that comes around full circle.   Have a lovely weekend dear friends.

Comments

Popular Posts