Selling Original Art

This is an interesting subject for me, as I have always been in a quandary when is the "right" time to sell my original works.

First, let me explain:   My art is such a piece of me.  Each and every creation comes from deep within, a piece or extension of my soul, my heart and my essence.   I love what I create and as I have said many times, money is secondary.  Sharing the human connection, the emotions and touching another person with my art is the main drive of what I do.  I want to make people smile, to feel the joy and love that I have when I am creating each and every piece.  

I have shown a lot of my work in galleries, shops and various art venues.   Each time I sell a piece, it's a tad bitter sweet.  Almost like a person that fosters puppies or kittens, you fall in love - but know they are going to a better place. When it's time to let it go, it's a happy feeling, yet a little sad as you will miss them.   When people commission a piece from me, from the beginning I know that the piece will be going to it's new home.  I create it with the person in mind, their connection to what they are wanting created.  I have no issues sending a commissioned piece on it's way to it's new home.

The majority of my work is create for joy and happiness.   I have stacks and stacks of wonderful happy art that needs to find it's new home and I've come to the conclusion - now is the time.  I want to donate some of my work to children's hospitals.  So that the children may see a picture on the wall that could potentially give them a burst of happiness, a small smile and a place to look at that isn't cold and full of pain.   I have always pictured my work in children's bedrooms, pediatrician offices or in a guest room where the grand kids come to visit and sleep.  With that being said, I literally have over 400 pieces of art I would like to share with the world.   So the first step, is framing some of them and putting the original works for sale in my online store.   Then it will be available to those that can't attend a gallery show, or are not able to walk around a craft bazaar or even be in the state I chose to exhibit.  It will be available to all.   The majority of my pieces are small, 8 x 10 or 9 x 12, so shipping should not be out of this world.

Now is the time, the time to share myself even more with the world.   I can't even begin to count how many people have stated they do not want to purchase prints, they want the original.   So, now the opportunity is available.  I hope those that purchase my originals will treasure them and smile each time they see them.  Sharing joy, happiness and love - that is what it is all about.

Original art will be listed here:  www.sommerraynjones.com    I will be creating a section titled Original Works in Frames.  Just look on the left for the sections and it will be listed there.  Have a beautiful week dear friends and thanks for all of your support.  


Comments

Popular Posts