I adore rain....

I've always loved the beauty of rain.  As I child I was terrified of the thunder, but always watched the rain storms with awe.  I really dislike loud noises and even to this day I catch myself counting the seconds from the time you see the lightening to the sound of the boom.  :)   Guess I'm hoping it is moving away.  Here, in North Carolina, there are so many different types of rain.  You can have the gentle mist, the few drops, the summer rain storms when it's 90 degrees and basically pours sheets of rain on the ground, it's an adventure for sure.  I adore each and everyone one of the rain showers and they always inspire me with my work.  Every time a rain storm arrives, I feel the need to sketch an idea and soon, it becomes a whimsical, fun water color.

Here is one of my latest rain inspired pieces.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts