Changing and Evolving


 While walking on the beach in Rehoboth, Deleware, I relaxed my mind and just thought about everything I have been blessed with.  During these quiet, meditative moments, I really contemplated my business and how I wanted to represent myself to the world.  One thought that kept coming to me was, "Be 100% true to yourself."   As an artist, sometimes I feel pulled in various directions.  Why?  People want to commission me for portraits, the current trends tend to set customers buying tastes, the feedback I receive from others affects my style/subjects, and more.   Yet when it comes right down to it, I'd just love to be ME.   I'll be the first to admit, I am pretty unique, and my "ideas" for my art are quite a bit off from mainstream ideals.   But as an artist, I want a place to show all the creations that I adore, love, and just burst with joy when I share them.  I concluded that my website needs to reflect my heart, my works that I just burst with joy when I see them, the best of the best in MY EYES.  They may not be the top sellers in my Etsy store, they may have never had a sale at all, but it doesn't matter.  I want to be authentic and be ME.  Especially for new visitors that do not know my art or style.   With this being said, here is my new business plan.

My website: www.sommerrayn.com.   This fun and joyful place will feature the art that I love the most.  The art I feel came from deep within me, the art that just sparks joy within me when I look at it, and art that I believe shows my personality, ideas, and joy with 100% of my heart poured into it.  It's a showcase of LOVE.  Please note, I am just starting to load my favorites into this site, so it may take a while to be populated.  

My Etsy Store:  www.etsy.com/shop/SommerRaynArt  This site will feature all of the art I create.  I am still very proud of each piece that bubbles from my head to my paints and pencils.  I have so much that people love (and I do too) that I need a larger space to sell all varieties.  This store will have my best-selling pieces, silly and quirky pieces, and wooden art like pumpkins and snow globes.  My inventory will be rotated, and all new items will be placed here.  

I have many more domain names, but I just want to forward them to my two sites for now.  Perhaps in the future, I can expand my www.quirkyisland, www.shadowkitties, or perhaps www.seasidedreamer websites.  For now, they are just redirected to my current sites.

I wanted to tell all of my friends, family and fans thank you for your support on my artist journey; I couldn't have made it to where I am without all of you.  Your kind words of encouragement, sweet comments, and sharing of my art mean the world to me.  So THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.   Here's to moving forward with authenticity and love.  <3 

Comments

Popular Posts