Christmas Cards in August?

One of my favorite items to create are cards, especially the holiday ones.   Sometimes, when it is so hot outside, it's nice to escape into a winter wonderful and create some fun, whimsical winter/Christmas cards.   I had two wonderful ideas, one for my Shadow Kitties online store:  www.shadowkitties.com and one for my whimsical store:  www.sommerraynjones.com.

I had sketched the idea on paper the other night for the first one and last night, I decided to to the watercolor portion of it.   It felt so nice to escape into a winter wonderland.   Here is the rough version of this holiday card.



The ornaments in the trees will read:  Meowy Christmas   I love the idea of the kitties celebrating in their own way.   Next to some of the ornaments are various cat related items, such as:  a fish, a mouse, a sardine and a toy star.  I think the kitties will have a lovely Christmas.

I hope this post finds you in a happy place and if not, perhaps I was able to put a smile on your face.  Come back soon and I'll be posting the finished project.


Comments

Popular Posts