My art comes to me from so many places

 The other morning I woke up and thought I'd just take a peek at what is being posted on Facebook.  As I was scrolling through the timeline, I came across a post from a friend of mine that is having difficulties with a critter in her backyard.   She managed to take a picture of the little fella and discovered it was a groundhog.   She was saying how it was particular to the color yellow and was eating of all her yellow petunias. He tried to go after the sunflowers, but she had some wire around them to prevent them from being eaten by deer, etc.    

I was giggling reading this because I can just imagine the little one searching through her yard only wanting the yellow flowers.  


This was the photo she posted.   As I gazed at his/her cute little face, I just knew, at that moment I would be creating a sweet portrait of him.   I mean seriously, look at him.  He might be a garden terror, but he is precious!  In my mind, I pictured him with a wreath of flowers on his head looking so adorable.   He says "I was only taking the yellow ones, some to eat and some to make a crown to accentuate my fabulous beauty".   What a cutie.  All-day yesterday, I couldn't get the vision out of my head, I came right to my art studio and sketched him.   Then last night, I added the first layer of paint.   


I can't wait to see this little one come to life.  I made his expression so soft, innocent, and sweet.  At least he is discerning in his tastes and only wants yellow ones....giggle.   I will be posting progress pictures soon.   I hope you all have an amazing day!  

Comments

Popular Posts