Abstract Art.....

Sometimes, I just love to let the creativity flow.  With water colors, it's so much fun to be able to just let the colors that you are drawn to, FLOW..... wet the paper and enjoy the dance of the colors mingling together.   You can tilt, swirl and manipulate the color patterns to just make a very abstract art piece.   Abstract art by definition is:  art that does not attempt to represent external reality, but seeks to achieve its effect using shapes, forms, colors, and textures. 

Once I have the beautiful swirls on my paper and the image has dried, I let my imagination run free.    My Shadow Kitty art pieces are always playful, colorful and fun.   I love picturing them in different places and scenes.   For example this was my original abstract piece.  As I was looking at it, I wanted to create an Ocean Scene with Shadow Kitties in bubbles.  The colors look like coral, colorful tropical fish and more.   The watery blend of colors really helped to create the three dimensional look of the water.  The bottom picture represents the finished product after I filled it all in.  It's exactly as I pictured it inside my mind, yet a bit better!  <grins>  



I love to create my detailed whimsical art pieces, yet at times - my Shadow Kitties art is the most relaxing, creative and joyful to work with.   I feel like there are no expectations, just my art flowing and bursting from the paper.  

So many people ask me what is my favorite art to create.   I'd honestly have to say the Shadow Kitties pieces.   They may not be the ones that accentuate my artistic abilities, but they certainly let my imagination flow and creating them is almost meditative for me.  I adore them.  Each portrait I create is a part of my heart.  I love them all.   There is zero frustration when it comes to creating them, each piece just springs forth and I can't wait to finish it once I've started.    With my other art, many times, I feel as if I wasn't "spot on" when I created something.   I tend to be my harshest critic.   I sometimes feel like I was going through the motions, but not on point.   With the Shadow Kitties, I'm always 100% authentic and that is why I love them so much.  

Hope your week is going well and I thank you all for sharing this journey with me.  {{HUGS}}    

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts