Nature always inspires.....

While taking long walks out in nature, I always see such beautiful sights.  So many times, I wish I could capture the beauty on canvas or at least use the sights I see to inspire my own version of the scene.

This picture was taken while walking in an alleyway next to my Victorian home.  The alley is between an old, empty historical apartment building that is in desperate need of rehabilitation and repair.  Many times, I feed the feral kitties that love to hang out by the dumpster in the parking lot.

One morning, I decided to go for an early morning stroll and was treated to this lovely sight.  The morning sun was just cresting over the rooftops and the warmth of the sun was filling my world.   I am so connected to the sun and I've always been an early riser.   I've never had to set an alarm in my life.   I just connect better with mornings.   I decided to capture the image on my cell phone. Here is what I saw.



I came home and pondered what it is I'd like to create.   Then the silhouette idea came to me - a Morning Sunrise silhouette.   I wanted the morning to be more yellow and filled with clouds.  So, I modified it to suit my tastes, however the essence was still part of my water color.   Here is the end result.



Thus a portrait is born.   I love birds in the morning, so I had to throw in a couple of birds into this watercolor.  Willow trees are my favorite tree, so I added some of them too.  

Sometimes I think it's fun to share where my creative ideas come from and I hope you enjoyed reading about them.   I wish you all a lovely day and weekend.  - Sommer

P.S.   This print is available in card or print format in my online store: www.shadowkitties.com

Comments

Popular Posts