While shopping, an idea for the Shadow Kitties is born

The process of creating is always such a fun experience.

First, an idea can come to me randomly, just out of the blue.  For example while walking in the mall, I was observing all the people shopping and bustling with all of their shopping bags.   Instantly I thought what would happen if kitties were shopping?   I pictured an adult cat pushing a shopping cart, a kitten in the baby seat, and lots of other cats around her.   I pictured kitties on the shelves pushing off items that they want (or perhaps they don't want....giggle, if you know a cats personality) into the cart.  Then I thought "What would be on the shelves?"   I pictured cat grass (wheat grass), tuna cans, milk, balls of yarn, sardines and more.   Needless to say, I had the entire portrait already sketched out in my mind.

Fast forward a couple days and it wouldn't leave my thoughts, so I knew I had to put it on paper.   Yesterday, I sat down and sketched the idea on paper and now, I'm at peace and so excited to start the creative process of coloring it in.   My Shadow Kitties are the favorite style of art I create.  Cats have always been a part of my life and I wanted to create an online store that is dedicated to this style of my art.  I have a second store that features all of my other work.   Most pieces in my Shadow Kitties collection, do contain cats, however many others are just a silhouette with lots of color and mystery.

If you'd like to see all the different types I have created, feel free to stop by at:  www.shadowkitties.com   

Attached is my initial sketch and more updates on this water color will be posted soon.   Have a beautiful day!  

Comments

Popular Posts