Creating Realistic Animals.....

Sometimes, I just have the urge to create something that is so real, so touchable, it just pops from the canvas.   I recently finished a giraffe and loved how everyone responded to it's fur and details.   I'll post the picture here.

Mr. Inquisitive Giraffe

It was so fun to create and I decided to draw a few more "realistic" animals.   The next one was a red panda.   This one, I have video taped the entire process.  It's going to take a lot of time to merge all the videos into one, then speed it up (as it took me over 20+ hours to complete) and then add some music or something.  However, I will post the link to the video here once it is finished and show you the drawing.

Now, I have decided to draw a Kookaburra bird.  This was suggested by a Facebook friend named Ruth.   This bird is rather quirky and so very colorful.  I started on a Bristol Smooth paper and I didn't like the effect of the pencils.  See below:  

Created on a smooth, almost cold press type surface.

I didn't like how it almost felt like I was working with crayons.  So, I drew the entire piece again starting on a cold pressed, textured surface illustration board that happens to have a "tooth" to it.   It's a lot lighter and not as solid in color, but I really love working on this illustration board.  See below:  

This is illustration board with a textured surface.

I have no idea when I will finish this, but he is coming out quite beautiful and realistic.  I am just undecided if I shall finish both; just to show the different styles, or stick with one.  

I hope you can understand more of my creative process with sharing my thoughts with you.  I'd love to hear any comments you have, just post below!    Have an amazing day everyone!  I'm off to create more fun and excitement in my art room.    

Comments

Popular Posts